Stars in Service is a community service effort designed to give Saint Elizabeth students opportunities to contribute their time and efforts to our local community.
Currently all 3rd through 5th grade students participate in the program, with 8th grade students serving as mentors. Other grades participate in special projects. We want our students to experience the satisfaction of giving their time and talents to the special needs of society. Participants learn that even the simplest of projects can make a difference in the lives of others. Volunteers will be asked to assist with setting up and overseeing student projects. The time commitment is about an hour per month (3rd Friday of each month from 11:00am - 12:00pm). Please contact Maureen Bellafante at (610) 873-1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stars in Service participate in various projects, with hopes to continue to expand the opportunities as the program grows.
- Assembling over 300 activity packs for children staying at Ronald McDonald House.
- Decorating over 200 placemats for patients at Paoli Hospital.
- Reading to younger grades.
- Making rosaries for students preparing for First Communion.
- Writing letters to military personnel.
- Creating cards and crafts for residents of Villa Saint Martha retirement community.
- Making fleece blankets for ill members of the parish and donating blankets to Birthright of Coatesville.
- Assisting Teachers and Staff with projects such as updating bulletin boards, filing and organizing supplies