Parish School Advisory Council
The Parish School Advisory Council (PSAC) is a body of appointed and elected members representative of the families whose children are enrolled in the parish school, the school's faculty and staff, and the parish community at large.
The council's specific purpose is to serve the parish school in cooperation with the pastor and parish school principal by freely offering their insights and recommendations to the parish school principal regarding the identity and mission of the parish school as a ministry of Saint Elizabeth Church, the ongoing development of the overall school program, and other issues of interest or concern among parents whose children are enrolled in the parish school and among other parishioners.
The PSAC is fundamentally a consultative body which offers advice and recommendations to the parish school principal (and where applicable, to the pastor). As such, the work of the council is guided by a spirit of cooperative involvement and by the values of Christian discipleship. Its members are committed to offering their personal and professional talents to Saint Elizabeth Parish School as part of their practice of Catholic Stewardship.
Statement of Mission and Purpose
We, the members of the Saint Elizabeth Parish School Advisory Council, affirm the presence of Jesus Christ in our midst in Word, in Sacrament and in Community. Guided by the Holy Spirit and aided by the intercession of our patroness, Saint Elizabeth, we offer our personal and professional talents to the parish school as part of our commitment to Catholic Stewardship.
We are a body of ex officio, elected and appointed members, representative of the families whose children are enrolled in the parish school, the school's faculty and staff, and the parish community at large. We are committed to fostering the active participation of parish school families in the life and mission of Saint Elizabeth Parish School and in the life of the parish community as a whole.
We serve the parish school in cooperation with the pastor and parish school principal by freely offering our insights and recommendations to the parish school principal regarding the identity and mission of the parish school as a ministry of Saint Elizabeth Church, the ongoing development of the overall school program, and other issues of interest or concern among parents whose children are enrolled in the parish school and among other parishioners.
Qualification for Council Membership
Those to be considered for service as elected or appointed members of the council should exhibit the following personal and professional qualities:
- active participation in parish & church life with a healthy parish spirit; a commitment to a lifestyle of prayer, sacramental practice, personal integrity & concern for neighbor;
- personal comfort as a public representative of Catholic values and readiness to lead by example and support wholeheartedly the universal mission of the Church and the particular mission of Saint Elizabeth parish;
- basic skills in listening and communicating, contributing as an active member of a group, and accepting/supporting group recommendations arrived at by consensus-building;
- understanding of the council's advisory role to the pastor and parish school principal, and the willingness to support decision with which one might not fully agree;
- motivated by concern for the whole parish school program (not just a particular subgroup or constituency) and willing to work in cooperation with others toward shared goals for the common good;
- availability to commit their personal time and energy to the work of the council and the willingness to make the PSAC one's primary (not necessarily sole) focus in offering one's stewardship of time and talent to the parish and parish school;
- commitment to fulfill to the best of one's ability the responsibility to participate in regular council meetings and other council projects throughout the year;
- generous in affirming, in being grateful for and in celebrating the gifts and stewardship service of parish school families and other parishioners.
Dr. Diane Greco, Principal
Term: ex officio
Mrs. Laurie Ardoline
Mrs. Maureen Bellafante
Mr. Kevin Laughlin
*Mrs. Theresa Matalavage
*Mrs. Maria McDowell
*Mr. Brian McGonagle
Mr. James McHugh
Mrs. Joanne Metzger
Mrs. Kerry O'Connell
*Mr. Albert Riviezzo
*Mrs. Jennifer M. Dawson
*Rev. John Stokely
Rev. Thomas Mullin, Pastor
Term: ex officio
Mrs. Sara Richardson, Communications Coordinator
Term: ex officio
* indicates appointed members