Please remember that next Monday is Field Day; please apply sunscreen and have your child dress in their gym uniforms with either a Blue or Yellow shirt (they know their color).
If you would like to send in a game with your child Tuesday and Wednesday, please send it marked with their name. We will be sure to return all pieces.
Make time to READ over the summer, and play some Math games. They will be better prepared come the Fall!
It’s been an AMAZING year! Thanks for all of your support!
IN CASE YOU HAVE A FIRST GRADER MOVING UP NEXT YEAR, PLEASE CHECK BELOW FOR ANOTHER COPY OF THE SUMMER READING AND STATIONERY LISTS!
Summer Reading List for Students Entering Second Grade
1. Hey Little Ant by Philip & Hannah Hoose
Choose 2 more books from the following list
1. Frog and Toad Are Friends
2. Cam Jansen Series
3. Henry and Mudge Series
4. Magic Tree House Series
Please write one paragraph about the story
Hey Little Ant and hand in the first week of school. We will be discussing the story and message during this time! Make sure to include your child’s name! Thank you!
Spelling City https://www.spellingcity.com/users/hoyer0779
Second Grade School Supply List
(1) sheet of labels with your child’s name printed on them
(24) pack of crayons
(24) #2 sharpened pencils
(8) pack of markers
(1) set of colored pencils
(4) pocket folders-- (red, orange, yellow, green)
(2) large glue sticks
(2) red pencils
(1) dry-erase marker
(1) child size pair of scissors
(1) 12 inch ruler
(1) Art Smock in a Ziploc bag with name on it
(1) pair of headphones in a Ziploc bag with name on it
(1) Gallon Size Ziploc Bag with your child’s name on it
**A pencil case and copybooks will be given out in September.**
Please note that rolling backpacks are not allowed
**Summer Reading List is on the back.**